Billy has been walking for many months now (Well, 4) and he we’ve had him in his own bed for 1 month now.
The noises we hear now in the middle of the night are thud (Billy getting out of bed), bang! (Billy walking into his door) and Hia (that’s him standing right next our bed).
They are all as funny as the others and I recommend any of them instead of an alarm.
Billy’s 3 1/2 sixe shoes
Billy is now walking, not huge strides but enough to know he’s shifting about faster than ever!
It’s amazing and makes me have little choke up moments when I watch him stumble across the floor.
He reminds me of drunken nights walking home when I was at college (British college, not USA), I would walk for miles and to any onlookers in warm taxis, a right state!!!
We bought his first shoes last week, they are mint….blue (see pic).
I have been very slack at updating this blog! I blame life, Billy is teething and work is hectic with deadlines etc etc.
I have been experiencing some new activities recently.
1. I really enjoy picking up Billy from nursery, he makes any shit you’ve had in the day just disappear. THings click into place when you have a baby
2. Babies develop extremely quick. When my parents or aunties used to say “eee, you’re growing up fast” they really mean it.
3. There’s very few things that’s more important than family and friends, not to be soppy but having a son and my beautiful wife just feels right.
4. A crawling/moving child makes you risk assess any room…..quickly!! Maybe when they open new premises or run any risk assessment they should just chuck a baby in there and see what happens!!!
5. Trying to find cheap, easy days out on the weekend is now a must!
You only find Billy’s slobber on your dark clothing when you’re out in public and itlooks like you dribble all over yourself!
Even better if you don’t have a baby with you!!
I’m an early riser so R gets up and then sometimes goes back to bed. This means I get the poo nappy, no matter how many times you watch your lad crimp out a large one it still shocks!!
Maybe I’ll get used to it when he starts to smear on the walls!! In that instance, I’ll be having a lie in!
Changing Billy’s nappy and once you have put his clothes back on……..scratching your face and realising you have shit under your nail!!!
A series of posts about parenting
Having the time to update this blog!!
I like the chats about contraception that several people have had with us since R gave birth.
Midwife: “Have you thought about methods of contraception?”
“Yeah………..He screams for food every 2 hours”
Midwife: “It is something you should think about, women are more fertile after giving birth”
“I think as soon as Billy’s exit strategy has healed and both of us know what time of day it is again, we’ll shower and give it a go”
Midwife: “We usually suggest 6 weeks before trying to do anything”
Cut to several hours later at home
“The midwife said we should wait 6 months”
How times change
It’s been a while since i last posted, it’s because I haven’t had a chance/ could drag myself out of bed/think straight.
Billy is 7 weeks old and R and I couldn’t wish for anything else, he’s a little gem!!